Wishing you a happy and safe Thanksgiving Break!
Tiffani N. Thompson
BACKGROUND: PerformOUTKC, Kansas City's finest youth choral theater
program for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Queer youth and their straight allies. Our new performance program incorporates a youth chorus and theatre troupe geared towards original work created by the young artists mixed with exciting choreographed musical theatre. PerformOUTKC has performed at community festivals and local schools, and has collaborated with the Mid-America Freedom Band and the Heartland Men's Chorus, inspiring, challenging and encouraging its audiences. New Artistic Director will start in March 2014 to plan the 2014-2015 concert season...so come be a part of it all!
Required Skills and Knowledge:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Music, Music Education or Vocal Performance. A combination of education and/or comparable work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
· Experience with conducting both instrumental and vocal musicians
· Excitement to produce and perform major musical theatre and original work.
· Make reasonable efforts to represent POKC within relevant organizations such
as; GALA, ACDA and/or Chorus America
· Commitment to supporting the growth and empowerment of the youth in
· Experience in conducting choirs or directing musical theater productions.
· Experience in planning and implementing performances, including creative
· Ability to mentor and motivate youth.
· Strong communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team
· Strong leadership skills
· Ability to work with youth of all skill levels and abilities
Interest individuals should submit:
· Curriculum Vitae or Resume
· Letter of Intent to include interest in working with LGBTQA youth in a performance perspective.
Send documents attention to AD Committee to email@example.com or by mail to PO Box 30032, Kansas City, MO. 64112
Compensation and Benefits:
The Artistic Director will be paid a monthly stipend with an attractive benefits package to include; paid travel expenses to annual GALA Choruses leadership conferences & directors retreats as part of the training & development responsibilities set by the board of directors. For a full position description, visit us online at www.performoutkc.org. Posting will close on Tuesday, December 31st.